Lieutenant Colonel Paul Baker was born and raised in Wisconsin. He graduated from the United States Air Force Academy in 2005 with a Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering. Lt Col Baker graduated from Undergraduate Pilot Training in September 2007 and completed T-6A instructor training in December 2007 at Randolph AFB, TX before being assigned to the 84th Flying Training Squadron, Laughlin AFB, TX where he was a T-6A Instructor Pilot and Assistant Flight Commander. Lt Col Baker then completed F-15C initial qualification and was assigned to Kadena AB, Japan from July 2012 to July 2020 accepting two In Place Consecutive Overseas Tours. During this time he served in both the 44th and 67th Fighter Squadrons. He held various squadron, Operations Group, and Wing positions, ultimately culminating in serving as an
F-15C Evaluator Pilot and the Director of Operations for the 67th Fighter Squadron. During his time at Kadena Lt Col Baker deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom and participated in 35 TDY Exercises across the Pacific. After finishing 8 years at Kadena, Lt Col Baker was assigned to Tyndall AFB, FL in July 2020. During this time he served as an F-15C Live Fire Mission Commander and the Director of Operations for the 83rd Fighter Weapons Squadron. There he ran operations for the
DoD's only Air-to-Air weapons system evaluation program for the CAF and Fleet. In December 2021, Lt Col Baker then returned to Kingsley Field, OR as the Director of Staff of the 550th Fighter Squadron. He is currently assigned as the Commander, 550th Fighter Squadron, Kingsley Field, OR.
2005 BS in Civil Engineering, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO.
2005 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL (Residence)
2011 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL. (Residence).
2013 Master of Business Administration Aviation Management, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL.
2017 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL. (Correspondence).
1. July 2006 – March 2007, T-6A Student Pilot, Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin Air Force Base, TX
2. March 2007 – September 2007, T-38C Student Pilot, Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin Air Force Base, TX.
3. September 2007 – December 2007, T-6A Student Pilot, Pilot Instructor Training, Randolph Air Force Base, TX.
4. December 2007 – August 2010, T-6A Instructor Pilot and Assistant Flight Commander, Laughlin Air Force Base, TX.
5. September 2011 – May 2012, Student, F-15C Initial Qualification, Kingsley Field, OR.
6. May 2012 – December 2014, F-15C Mission Commander and Flight Commander, 67th Fighter Squadron, Kadena Air Base,
7. December 2014 – June 2019, F-15C Evaluator Pilot and Chief of Wing Plans and Programs, 44th Fighter Squadron, Kadena
Air Base, Japan.
8. June 2019 – July 2020, F-15C Evaluator Pilot and Director of Operations, 67th Fighter Squadron, Kadena Air Base, Japan.
9. July 2020 – December 2021, F-15C Evaluator Pilot and Director of Operations, 83rd Fighter Weapons Squadron, Tyndall Air
Force Base, FL
10. December 2021 – February 2022, F-15C Evaluator Pilot and Director of Staff, 550th Fighter Squadron, Kingsley Field, OR.
11. February 2022 – Present, F-15C Evaluator Pilot and Commander, 550th Fighter Squadron, Kingsley Field, OR.
Rating: Senior Pilot
Total Flight Hours: More than 2750
Aircraft Flown: T-6A, T-38C, F-15C/D
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with 2 oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal with 2 oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant 1 Jun 2005
First Lieutenant 1 Jun 2007
Captain 1 Jun 2009
Major 1 Oct 2015
Lieutenant Colonel 1 Apr 2020
(Current as of February 2022)