Collapse All Expand All
 Flyover and Static Display Requests

How do I request a flyover?

The Department of Defense authorizes the Air Force to participate in flyovers for those recognition events held in direct support of five patriotic holidays (Armed Forces Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, POW/MIA Day and Veteran's Day) and for aviation-related events, such as air shows and airport dedications. All non-aviation related events are processed as Exceptions-to-Policy and they cannot show preferential treatment to any single organization to include specific charities, or must be incidental to the non-aviation related event. Non-aviation requests may include sporting and other community-wide events but there must be a military connection on the ground during the time of the flyover and it must aide the Air Force in meeting our messaging and recruiting needs.

All flyover requests must be approved by the Secretary of the Air Force Public Affairs office. Please request SAF/PA approval at the U.S. Air Force Aerial Events website. Select "New Requests" and follow the instructions. Once you receive an email confirming your approval, please contact the 173rd Fighter Wing Public Affairs office at (541) 885-6677. We will process your request and let you know if we are able to support your event with a flyover as soon as possible.

This process does take some time; please make your requests through SAF/PA at a very minimum of six-weeks in advance. Remember, the more time you give yourself, the more time you have to fix any problems with your request that may come up.

For more information please visit the U.S. Aerial Events website at: or contact the 173rd Fighter Wing Public Affairs office at (541) 885-6677.
 General Information

How can I contact military personnel?

The Air Force World Wide Locator offered by the Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC) handles official and unofficial requests to locate Air Force Personnel. Official requests are defined as requests received from any government agency and the Department of Defense (DoD). All other requests are considered unofficial in nature. 

The Air Force World Wide Locator only has location information on individuals who are currently receiving compensation from the U.S. Air Force (Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, Retired and Civil Service Personnel). If the individual has separated from the Air Force, no information is available. To obtain or find out more information about the service, you can contact AFPC at: 

550 C Street West Suite 50 
Randolph AFB TX 78150-4752 

Commercial: (210) 565-2660 
Military to Military: DSN 665-2660 

Customer Service Hours: 
Monday - Friday (except Federal Holidays) 
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Central Standard Time) 


If you need to contact a military member for emergency purposes, call your local Red Cross chapter -- go to the Red Cross Website and enter your zip code on the home page.


How can I obtain copies of my military records?

Individual military departments, including the Air Force, do not maintain files or records pertaining to individuals no longer on active duty. When an individual is separated from military service (because of retirement, discharge from active duty or death), his/her Field Personnel File (containing all military and health records) is forwarded for storage to the National Personnel Records Center (military). The Records Center is under the jurisdiction of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) of the U.S. Government. 

An individual's complete service record is available to the former service member or, if deceased, to his/her next of kin (parents, spouse or children). Limited information (such as dates of service, awards, and training) is available to anyone. Not available to the general public is information which would invade an individual's privacy; for example, medical records, Social Security number or present address. 

If requesting the records of a relative, a requester should mention the relationship to the former member (brother, uncle, or other). There is no charge for this service to former service members or their next of kin. For others, a nominal fee is charged for research and reproduction costs. Files at the Records Center are maintained as historical records only and are not updated to reflect current data on the former service member. The address for the National Personnel Records Center is: 

National Personnel Records Center 
9700 Page Blvd 
St. Louis MO 63132 
Phone: 314-801-0800 or 1-866-272-6272 (1-86-NARA-NARA) 
For individuals compiling family histories, NARA provides assistance to those interested in genealogy. NARA normally charges a nominal fee for research and reproduction costs. Their address is: 

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) 
8th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue 
Washington, DC 20408 


I have questions about the Air National Guard or the National Guard Bureau. How do I get answers?

National Guard Almanac (34th Ed, 2008), Copies can be purchased for $12.00 + $3.50 shipping. Contact: UNIFORMED SERVICES ALMANAC, INC., P.O. Box 4144, Falls Church, VA 22044. Phone: 703-532-1631.


I would like to sell a product/service to the Air National Guard?

Under the Federal Acquisition Regulations, any contracting opportunities/projects the National Guard undertakes are solicited via normal contracting procedures, including approval from the Acquisition Planning Board. 

Tto find out about contracting opportunities with the National Guard, log on to the Commerce Business Daily Website. All solicitations on behalf of the Guard can be found on that site.


What are my benefits as an Air National Guardsman?

For information on the benefits of being an Air National Guardsman, visit the Air Reserve Personnel Center Website.
 Noise Complaint

How do I file a noise complaint?

To submit a noise complaint about the 173rd Fighter Wing, call the Public Affairs Office at (541) 885-6677. You can also e-mail your complaint. Please ensure you include the information below:

Time of Incident:
Repeat Complaint? Y or N

First Name:
Last Name:
Phone Number:
E-mail Address:
City, Zip:

Type of complaint (select all that apply):
Low-flying aircraft
Noise in general
Damage to your property
Other (Please specify)

Where did this occur?
Over my house
With in 1-5 miles of my house
Other (Please specify)

If you have an exact location that we can map please provide it. If able, use GPS Latitude and Longitude coordinates. Or, use geographic reference such as "East shore of Klamath Lake":

What type of aircraft was it? 
F-15 (fast, twin tail with two engines in back)
Other Air Force aircraft (Please specify)

Please provide generic information such as; propeller driven or jet, single or twin tail, number of engines, color, and direction of flight:

Any additional information:

Do you want a response?

Thank you for supplying this information. We should reply within three working days. We'll call you or respond via e-mail if you supply an address.


If you have an Air National Guard-related question, you may find the answer by visiting the Questions page of the Air National Guard.

For general Air Force questions, you can visit the Questions page of Air Force Link.

For other military questions, please refer to the Department of Defense's Resources page.