Col. Geoffrey Jensen is the Commander, 173d Operations Group, 173rd Fighter Wing, Air Education and Training Command, Kingsley Field, Oregon. Col Jensen graduated Distinguished Graduate from the United States Air Force Academy in 1998 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Aeronautical Engineering. He then attended Air and Space Basic Course at Maxwell AFB. Upon completion of Undergraduate Pilot Training at Sheppard AFB, Texas in Oct 1999, he graduated Distinguished Graduate and Top Gun from Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals Couse at Randolph AFB, Texas. Following this, Col Jensen attended F-15C training at Tyndall AFB, Florida where he was recognized as the class Top Gun and Distinguished Graduate. He was then assigned to the 67th Fighter Squadron, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan where he was recognized as the 67FS Wingman of the Year in 2001, 18th OG CGO of the Year in 2002, 5th AF Flight Lead of the Year in 2002, and 67 FS Warrior of the Year in 2003. He attended Squadron Officer School at Maxwell AFB, Alabama in December 2003. In December 2003, Lt Col Jensen was assigned to Mountain Home AFB, Idaho, where he was recognized as the 390 FS IP of the Year in 2004. Lt Col Jensen was selected for the USAF Weapons School and completed the course in December 2005 enroute to Tyndall AFB, Florida where he was a F-15 FTU Instructor. Col Jensen was then assigned to conduct Operational Flight Test as a member of the 85th TES at Eglin AFB where he was recognized as the 85 TES Flight CC of the Year in 2008. After a short stint at Kabul AB, Afghanistan as the lead planner in the Air Component Coordination Element, Col Jensen finished Air Command and Staff College. He then transitioned to a full time F-15 instructor pilot position with the Oregon Air National Guard’s 173rd Fighter Wing at Kingsley Field.
Since arriving at Kingsley Field, he has served in a variety of positions including Training Officer, Squadron Weapons Officer, Wing Weapons Officer, B Flight Commander, Wing Special Projects Officer, OSS Commander, FS Commander, and the OG Commander. Col Jensen has flown 40 combat sorties in Operation Northern Watch, Operations Southern Watch, and Operation Iraqi Freedom and has over 215 hours of combat time. He is a senior pilot with over 2300 total flight hours in the T-37, T-38A, AT-38A, and F-15C/D.
1998 Bachelor of Science, Aeronautical Engineering, United States Air Force Academy
1998 Air and Space Basic Course, In Residence 1995 Squadron Officer School, In Residence
2004 Squadron Officer Course, In Residence
2009 Air Command and Staff College, Correspondence
2016 War College, Correspondence
1. June 1994 - May 1998, student, United States Air Force Academy, CO.
2. October 1998 – October 1999, student, Undergraduate Pilot Training Sheppard AFB, TX.
3. January 2000 – February 2000, student, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, Randolph AFB, TX.
4. May 2000 – November 2000, student, F-15C Replacement Training Unit, Tyndall AFB, FL.
5. December 2000 – March 2001, student, 67 Fighter Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan.
6. April 2001 – February 2002, Stan/Eval Liaison Officer, 67th Fighter Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan.
7. March 2002 – April 2003, Electronic Combat Pilot/Assistant Chief of Weapons, 67th Fighter Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan.
8. May 2003 – December 2003,Chief of Scheduling, 67th Fighter Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan.
9. January 2003 – February 2004, student, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, AL.
10. March 2004 – November 2004, Assistant Chief of Weapons and Tactics, 390th Fighter Squadron, ID.
11. December 2004 – June 2005, Chief of Stan/Eval, 390th Fighter Squadron, ID.
12. July 2005 – Dec 2005, student, USAF Weapons School, Nellis AFB, NV.
13. Jan 2006 – January 2007, Chief of Weapons and Tactics, 1st Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, FL.
14. February 2007 – July 2007, Chief of Weapons and Tactics, 95th Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, FL.
15. August 2007 – January 2008, Chief of Wing Weapons and Tactics, 325th Operations Support Squadron, Tyndall AFB, FL.
16. February 2008 – December 2009, Weapons Flight Commander, 85th Test and Evaluation Squadron, Eglin AFB, FL.
17. January 2010 – December 2010, Chief of Training, 114th Fighter Squadron, Kingsley Field, OR.
18. January 2011 – June 2012, Flight Commander, 114th Fighter Squadron, Kingsley Field, OR.
19. July 2012 – Oct 2014, Wing Special Projects Officer, 173rd Operations Group, Kingsley Field, OR.
20. Oct 2014 – Nov 2015, OSS Commander, 173rd Operations Group, Kingsley Field, OR.
21. Nov 2015 – Dec 2016, Fighter Squadron Commander, 173rd Operations Group, Kingsley Field, OR.
22. Dec 2016 – Present, Operations Group Commander, 173rd Operations Group, Kingsley Field, OR.
Rating: Senior Pilot Flight hours: 2300 hours Aircraft Flown: F-15 C/D
19th AF/AETC Fighter Instructor of the Year, 2011
19th AF Top Fighter Air-to-Air Instructor of the Year, 2011
5th AF Flight Lead of the Year, 2002
18th Wing CGO of the Year, 2002
85 FS Flight CC of the Year, 2008
390 FS Instructor Pilot of the Year, 2004
67 FS Warrior of the Year, 2003
67 FS Flight Lead of the Year, 2002
67 FS CGO of the Year, 2002
67 FS Wingman of the Year, 2001
Top Graduate, RTU, 2000
Distinguished Graduate, RTU, 2000
Distinguished Graduate, IFF, 2000
Meritorious Service Medal (2 Devices)
Air Medal (1 Device)
Aerial Achievement Medal (1 Device)
Air Force Commendation Medal (1 Device)
Air Force Accommodation Medal (1 Device)
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award (4 Devices)
Combat Ready Medal
National Defense Service Medal (1 Device)
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Medal
AF Overseas Ribbon Long
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon
Air Force Longevity Service Ribbon (3 Devices)
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant, May 1998
First Lieutenant, May 2000
Captain, May 2002
Major, September 2007
Lieutenant Colonel, January 2013
Colonel, July 2017
(Current as of November 2016)