Colonel Micah I. Lambert is the 173d Fighter Wing Vice Commander, Kingsley Field, Klamath Falls, Oregon. In this role he provides command leadership to the 173d Fighter Wing in the Wing Commander’s absence. Colonel Lambert also directs activities of nine separate branches of the command section staff, including safety, legal, public affairs, financial management, quality management, chaplain, military equal opportunity, and administration.
Prior to joining the Oregon National Guard Colonel Lambert enlisted in the United States Air Force and began his career as a Pneudraulics System Specialist assigned to the 15th Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field, Florida. After his time in special operations working on MC130-H “Combat Talon II” aircraft, he was reassigned to the 37th Airlift Squadron, Ramstein Air Base, Germany. While there he served as both a C-130E hydraulics mechanic and a crew chief, participating in many operations, NATO deployments and humanitarian missions. These operations included: Operation JOINT FORGE, Kosovo; Operation SHINING HOPE, Albania and Macedonia; Operation JOINT GUARDIAN, Kosovo; Operation ALLIED FORCE, Kosovo; Phoenix Banner, Western Europe; Cobalt Flash, Eastern Europe; Operation LION DROP I, II, III and IV, Aviano AB Italy; and Operation ATLAS RESPONSE, Mozambique. After serving in the active duty Air Force, Colonel Lambert joined the Oregon Air National Guard as a Drill Status Guardsman F-15 mechanic and pursued his education full time. Upon graduation, he was selected as Kingsley Field’s Environmental Manager and earned his commission as the 173d Aircraft Generation Squadron Officer in Charge.
Prior to his current position, the Colonel was the Commander, 173d Maintenance Group, Kingsley Field Air National Guard Base, Klamath Falls, Ore.
2001 Associate Degree in Applied Science, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence
2002 Bachelors of Science in Political Science, Southern Oregon University, Ashland
2002 Academy of Military Science, McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn.
2003 Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2007 Aircraft Mishap Investigation Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2008 Level One AFSO 21 facilitator certification, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
2010 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2013 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2013 Master's in Military Operational Art and Science (Joint Warfare Operations)
2019 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. October 1995–November 1995, USAF Basic Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. November 1995–February 1996, Aircraft Pneudraulics Mechanic Technical School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. February 1996–August 1997, MC-130H Pneudraulic System Specialist, 15th AMU, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
4. August 1997–August 2000, C-130E Pneudraulic System Specialist/ Crew Chief, 37th AS, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
5. August 1998–August 1999, Maintenance Operations Center Control/Debrief Specialist, 37th AS, Ramstein AB, Germany
6. August 2000–January 2002, F-15A, B, C, D Pneudraulic System Specialist, 173 MXS, Kingsley Field, Ore.
7. January 2002–October 2008, Environmental Manager, 173 FW, Kingsley Field, Ore.
8. January 2002–January 2004, OIC, 173 Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Kingsley Field, Ore.
9. January 2004–January 2005, OIC, Equipment Maintenance Flight, 173 MXS, Kingsley Field, Ore.
10. January 2005–January 2006, OIC, Component Repair Flight, 173 MXS, Kingsley Field, Ore.
11. January 2006–April 2010, Commander, 173d Maintenance Operations Flight, Kingsley Field, Ore.
12. April 2010–November 2013, Squadron Commander, 173 AMXS, Kingsley Field, Ore.
13. November 2013–October 2014, Squadron Commander, 173 MXS, Kingsley Field, Ore.
14. October 2014–June 2017, Deputy Director of Staff- Air, JFHQ-OR, Salem, Ore.
15. June 2017—September 2017, Deputy, 173d Maintenance Group Commander, 173d MXG, Kingsley Field, Ore.
16. September 2017—June 2021, Commander, 173d Maintenance Group, 173 MXG, Kingsley Field, Ore.
17. June 2021—Present, Vice Commander, 173d Fighter Wing, Kingsley Field, Ore.
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Oregon Exceptional Service Medal
Oregon Meritorious Service Medal
NGAUS (lifetime member)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant September 2002
First Lieutenant September 2004
Captain September 2006
Major December 2010
Lieutenant Colonel January 2015
Colonel October 2020
(Current as of June 2021)